Monday, October 3, 2011

Dreams/Goals

So, today I chatted with my old roommate, Emily, who I used to be pretty close to. She informed me that she is now living in New York City, working as a nanny, broke as could be, but has never been happier. It got me thinking about how I always knew that was her dream. Just to live up there for a while.

After hearing about her making her dream come true, I can't help but think about what my dreams are. I don't think I have taken the time to sit down and write them all out for quite some time. Of course this list has changed many times, and will continue to do so.

  • Go to Ireland.
  • Go skydiving.
  • Fall in love.
  • Learn to play golf.
  • Change someone's life (for the better).
  • Take a cooking class.
  • Honor God with my life.
  • Become a wife.
  • Get onstage at a concert.
  • Become a mom.
  • Own a house.
That's as far as I have gotten. Is that bad? I think I need help thinking about what goals I should have. Maybe I just need time.

Things I've done:
  • Ride in a parade.
  • Get a Mini Cooper S.
  • Learn how to drive a standard.
  • Graduate from college.
  • Live on my own.
  • Live somewhere random during the summer.
  • Go on mission trips.
  • Be a youth leader.
  • Help to launch a church.
Well. I think it is time that I start a LONG list of things I want to do before I die... and start crossing them off. I'm sure there will be plenty of time to add new ones and check them off, but there's no better time to start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment