Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lately...

Lately a million things have happened it seems. So, let me get you up to speed:

Kickball:
Kickball season is now over. :( Menace to Sobriety ended the season in second place after losing in the final game. Nonetheless, I couldn't be more proud of my team for their efforts.
I feel like kickball has been a huge part of my life this year, and, because of it, I have gained so many great friends. We hang out every week. We laugh the whole time. Lots of fun. Everyone is at different places in life (some in school, some working on their careers, some just starting to figure out what they want to do).

Because of kickball, I feel like I've settled into Little Rock life. Yay.


Health:
I have been on a diet over the past couple of months that is, in a word, miserable. Miserable, but effective. I have lost over 15 lbs and last weekend bought a pair of jeans 2 sizes smaller than the last pair I purchased. Oh and I still need a belt to keep them up.
The diet is so hard. No sugar, no carbs, no sodas, no dairy, no fruit, no alcohol. So it's pretty much just veggies and meat. It has been good though, because I've had to start paying attention to what I eat. No more, "Oh, I live on the road so I just have to 'deal' with eating crappy fast food."

My goal is to lose a total of 30 lbs. Which would take me back to where I was when I started college. Just wait, one of these days I'll be able to fit into my old cheerleading uniform from high school. (LOL. that's not really the goal, but I wouldn't object if I was able to do it anyway).


Work:
Work is pretty good. I've had some nice sales lately, which is always appreciated. We are excited about what is to come around AAMSCO.
I have days that I feel utterly exhausted with work though. I keep waiting for a nice break (like one that lasts more than a day or two... preferably a summer break or something), but it hasn't arrived. I think after 3 years of working, that is what I'm ready for... to be over the initial hump of the working world and feel settled.
Like I said though, work is good and I can't really complain.


Friendships:
Back in February I had a huge fight with a friend of mine. Both of us said mean things to each other and the fight was over stupid, stupid things. Recently this person and I met up and discussed our friendship and whether we were ready to make amends. I'm happy to say that we did and now things are good.

I'm one of those people who can't fight with others. It literally tears me apart. When someone is mad at me or something, I lose sleep. There are only two people that I can think of off the top of my head that I just don't get along with, and I pray about it all the time. But, when a friendship is restored, I feel like it should be celebrated.

So here I am, celebrating the renewed friendship between me and my "brother from another mother."


Church:
FaithSpring had our very first service at our new location today. What a blessing. I can hardly believe that only two years ago this was only a vision. The service was packed. I had to fight back tears today because it was so obvious that God has blessed us. God's hand was with us every step of the way. He is so good. So faithful. and I can't wait to see what's next.


So that's what's going on. Other than that, dating life is good, family is great, no need for complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment