Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Someone Who Inspires Me:

Nicole is one of my youth kids. She's a junior in school and reminds me of myself so much (especially at that age).

Pretty much since day one she and I have gotten along fabulously well. Except one time when she and a couple of other youth decided they want to play match-maker with me and another guy... but I digress....

I'm not going to sit here and write all about how fantastic she is and all that (because I could go on for days and days on how great she is). But I do want to talk about how she inspires me.


A few months ago I had a huge falling out with someone very close to me. Ironically, that same night she posted a video to my wall. "SHANNNNNONNN!! Can you come back to Little Rock now? Ok, thanks..." I literally cried when I watched this video. After a day of feeling like I'm the worst person in the world, she made me smile.
Even tonight, she worked on reconciling with one of her friends. Which therefore inspired me to do the same.

As a Christian, I know that I am supposed to live a life that honors God. But I think being close to my youth has been a strong reminder of WHY God has to be apparent in every aspect of our lives.

It's so funny to me that Nicole constantly says, "Thanks for being there" and stuff like that. She says it without even knowing how much of a blessing she is for me.

I'm so blessed. I am so blessed to be inspired by an amazing young woman.

1 comment: